9 August 2013

Kinder Kitchen Healthy Recipe - Homemade Vegetarian Asian Pot Noddle

Ingredients I rummaged together
My children have gone out for the day with my mum so that I can work on all my up and coming projects which are pilling high due to the school holidays and just not enough hours in the day.

I hadn't planned anything for lunch and took a look in my fridge. I found some Asian greens that an Auntie had left with me the other day, soy sauce, chilli sauce, a spring onion, a discoloured lime, a clove of garlic and a red chilli for some extra heat. Oh and some miso paste. I luckily had some noodles in the cupboard, but had I not, I could have also used the leftover rice I had in my fridge (remembering to reheat the rice properly before adding it to the jar).

Kinder Kitchen Homemade Vegetarian Asian Pot Noodle

Ingredients chopped and ready for a good water
Ingredients:
  • A bunch of fresh green, finely diced (or whatever you have in your fridge - finely dice cabbage, sweetcorn, finely copped broccoli all work)
  • 1/2 a small clove of garlic, finely chopped (I didn't have any but freshly grated ginger would also be a delicious addition)
  • 2 tbsp. soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp. chilli sauce (although if you have fresh or frozen chilli this will do instead)
  • 1/2 a lime
  • 1 large or 2 small spring onions
  • 1 1/2 tsp. of miso paste (half a vegetable stock cube crumbled if you don't have any miso paste)
  • 1 medium nest of noodles
My deliciously fragrant & healthy lunch
Plus any other ingredients you fancy or want to use up that do not need cooking.

 Method:

  1. Place the noodles at the bottom of a medium airtight jar
  2. Spoon in the soy and chilli sauce, then add the green vegetables, onion, chilli, garlic, lime juice and miso paste (or stock cube) - plus any other ingredients you wish
  3. Pour in enough boiling water to cover 2/3rd of the ingredients. Give it a really good shake for 30 seconds or so and then leave to stand for 5 minutes. Stir half way thorough
  4. And enjoy.

Top tip:

If making this for children who are not used to spicy heat, leave out the chilli sauce and chilli.

This is a great lunch recipe idea to take into the office. Prepare the night before but not adding the boiling water and leave in the fridge. Just add the boiling water when you are ready to eat the pot noodle at work.

Easy, delicious and nutritious!


No comments: