Kinder Kitchen pitta bread pizzas (from 9 months)
|Great finger food or for the packed lunch box|
6 pitta breads
1 tin of plum tomatoes
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tablespoon tomato puree
Some fresh or dried herbs for the sauce and to top the pizza with
1 ball of fresh mozzarella torn or cut into small pieces or 6 tablespoons of grated cheddar cheese
- First, make the tomato sauce by frying the garlic in a little oil on a low heat for 10 seconds (careful as garlic burns easily)
- Then add the puree, tinned tomatoes and herbs and cook on a low heat for 30 minutes. Once cooked, puree the sauce with a hand blender to a smooth paste. You don't have to puree the sauce if you don't have time
- Spoon the tomato sauce onto the pitta breads and then place the cheese on top and finish off by sprinkling some herbs on the cheese.
- Place under a medium grill for a couple of minutes until the cheese is bubbling
- Slice into fingers and serve as a main course, place in a lunch box or as finger food.
You can always double the quantity of tomato sauce to keep in the fridge (up to three days) or freezer to use at a later date.
You can add all kinds of toppings to these pizzas – ham, sweetcorn, spinach, fresh tomatoes, pineapple – basically anything that does not need to cook and can just be warmed up under the grill.