|my daughter enjoying homemade mixed |
berry sorbet with reduced sugar
Here are some examples:
- If you are baking a chocolate cake or muffins, grate some courgette or fresh beetroot into it. Also, by adding half the amount of sugar stated in a cake recipe will not alter the taste that much - children will definitely not realise the difference.
- Add a red pepper to a homemade tomato sauce
- Add some grated apple to basic pancake batter
- Add some grated apple and carrot to homemade hamburgers
- Add a handful of lentils and finely chopped mushrooms to a basic homemade bolognaise sauce