Many of us will turn to a sandwich (ham or cheese) straight away and although our children need the carbohydrates they get from bread, it nonetheless clogs up their system like it does our own, and too much bread long term is not good.
So below are some ideas for different packed lunches. If you have any ideas please post them on my facebook page or on my blog page, as this is really an issue that mums are faced with nationwide!
- Chicken legs roasted in olive oil with thyme and garlic
- Chicken breast roasted and sliced
- Rice cake sandwiches with hummus
- Plain yoghurt sprinkled with raisins
- Dried apricots
- Homemade sweet potato crisps