4 June 2009

Today's nutritious recipe from Kinder Kitchen - cheats homemade tomato ketchup

As I mentioned in an earlier post, my 20 month old has all of a sudden decided to become a fussy eater. One thing she seems to still relish is tomato ketchup. In order to make it a little more tomatoey and nutritious I came up with this cheats recipe.

Cheats homemade tomato ketchup (from 12 months)

Ingredients:

1 tin of good tinned plum tomatoes
2 heaped tablespoons of tomato puree
2 heaped tablespoons of tomato ketchup

Cook:

1. Place all the ingredients into a saucepan and cook for around ten minutes
2. Once cooked, blend the sauce together with a hand blender

Serving suggestions

You can serve this with most foods. I even like to eat it too. My daughter loves to dip her food into it and it is ideal to serve with finger foods - broccoli and cauliflower or homemade burger and fat chips.

No comments: