31 July 2013

Kinder Kitchen Kid's Healthy Recipe - Sandra's easy peasey non-diary banana ice cream

A handful of ripe bananas
Sandra, a chefy colleague taught me this recipe on Monday. I was flabbergasted at how easy yet delicious it is. The most difficult thing in this recipe is finding room in your freezer for all the chopped up bananas and washing the head of your hand blender afterwards. Bananas can be quick to ripen and I always like to have banana recipes on hand as I don't like throwing food away. So, if you have any other banana recipes you'd like to share, please send them over.

Sandra's easy peasey non-diary banana ice cream

Ingredients:

5 ripe bananas

(yep that's all the ingredients you'll need - honest)

Method:
  1. Peel and cut up the bananas into equal chunks
  2. Place in the freezer until frozen 
    Bananas peeled and chopped and
    ready for the freezer
  3. Once frozen, remove the chopped bananas from the freezer, place in a bowl and blend with a hand blender until smooth
Hey presto - banana ice cream. Genius if you ask me!

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Hi Kinderkitchen
My daughter is lactose intolerant so I am always looking for diary free dessert ideas. I tried this and she ate it all and even tried to lick the bowl afterwards.
Thanks Pat