My two haven't yet mastered potato salad but varying it and adding things your children like it could be a winner, and healthy too! It can also be a meal-in-1 by adding protein and vegetables.
Packed lunch potato salad
- Wash and then boil baby, new or salad potatoes in boiling water until soft (for extra nutrition you can keep their skins on)
- Allow to cool and then cut into small child bite size pieces
- For a simple version of this salad add some mayonnaise, finely chopped red onion (optional) and thinly sliced fresh mint
- Mayonnaise with sliced bacon and green peas
- Salad cream, chives and sweetcorn
- Natural yoghurt mixed with mayonnaise (healthier option), finely chopped chicken breast and cucumber