Easy banana and carrot muffins
2 large peeled, grated carrots
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
A pinch of salt
200g plain flour
Preheat oven at 180 degrees
- Place 12 muffin cases into a muffin tin
- In a food processor or a bowl and an electric whisk, beat the sugar and egg for a minute or two.
- Next add the butter, bananas and grated carrot. Beat well.
- In another bowl sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and baking powder. Slowly incorporate these ingredients into the banana mix.
- Once thoroughly mixed, distribute batter evenly into muffin cases (max 2/3rds full) and cook for 25-30 minutes until they are firm to touch
These are great for breakfast, lunch boxes, a tea time snack or for a children's party. These can be also great for babies from 9 months. You could replace the sugar with one or two grated apples. Enjoy!