¼ medium swede
3 sticks of celery
4 peppercorns (optional - for babies under 1 year it is best to leave these out)
2 bay leaves
1 litre water
- Wash the carrots and sticks of celery and peel the swede then chop them all into equal pieces
- Peel the onion and cut into quarters
- Add the vegetables and all the other ingredients to a saucepan
- Add 1 litre of water, cover and gently simmer for an hour
- Sieve the stock into a container and refrigerate once cooled.
Add other vegetable such as peas, broccoli, spinach to make a vegetable soup. Add the stock to sauces, rice dishes, curries and lentils.