3 chicken thighs (with bone, no skin)
2 sticks of celery
1 medium onion
2 bay leaves
- Wash the carrots and celery and chop into pieces
- Peel the onion and cut into quarters. Add this and all the other ingredients to a large saucepan and add a 1ltr of water
- Cover the saucepan with a lid and simmer gently for up to 2 hours
- Once chilled, sieve the liquid into a container and refrigerate once cooled
- Freezer any unwanted stock into portions to use at a later date.
For babies from 6 months old, you can just add baby rice for very nutritious meal. Don't however forget to remove the peppercorns before serving!!
Celery gives the stock a wonderful flavour. It is also a fantastic source of vitamins and nutrients - potassium, Vitamin C, fibre, Vitamin A, calcium and protein. What more could you want from a single source?!